Wednesday, January 29, 2014

HAWAII PHOTO DIARY

 shave ice from waiola shave ice
   
delicious sushi from waipuna
lagoon one at ko'olina
lanikai beach
makapu'u tide pools
lanikai pillboxes hike 
 
lunch at the beachouse at moana surfrider 
the best shrimp on the island from macky's 
  

Aloha! It's been a while, but my trip from late December and early January is finally up! I miss dressing up, or should I say down, in a simple uniform of a swimsuit topped with denim shorts and loose tank tops. I miss the soft sand between my toes because the sand in California is just not the same. I also definitely miss the food, especially eating sushi almost every day, even though I came back a few pounds heavier. And how I miss drinking fruity mixed drinks by the beach and watching the sunset with the sounds of the waves and live music. One of my favorite things I did during this too short of a vacation was stand up paddle boarding in Ko'olina! If you haven't tried it I'd definitely recommend it because it's so fun and also a great work out! If you happen to be able to go there, the paddle boarding is only at Lagoon 1, something my boyfriend and I had to learn the hard way since we started off at Lagoon 4. It's also a great place to start off and learn because the lagoons are blocked off from the ocean's unexpected waves. I wish I could share my entire experience with you guys but then this post would go on and on. But I would highly recommend these other places: Waiola Shave Ice, Makapu'u Tide Pools, and Lanikai Beach. Be sure to check out those places if you ever find yourself blessed with the gift of being on this beautiful island.

No comments:

Post a Comment